A personal injury that is suffered as the result of someone else’s negligence or wrongful actions can have a devastating impact on you and your family. First you must deal with the physical injuries and trauma. You may require emergency care, hospitalization, medications, ongoing doctor visits, rehabilitation, or specialized care to treat and recover from your injuries. Then there are the financial costs associated with this type of event. You might lose work due to your injuries; the out-of-pocket medical expenses might begin to pile up depending on your insurance coverage; and you might have to deal with the loss of your vehicle if you were involved in an auto accident injury.
A serious injury can have many consequences, including pain, medical bills and lost income. Find out how a personal injury attorney helps clients gets the compensation they deserve.
All of these effects are substantial, but there is also the mental stress and trauma inflicted on you and your family. You may suffer from post-traumatic stress; the financial impact could put a strain on your entire family’s well-being; and your partner could be required to devote a substantial effort to your care. If the initial incident was the result of someone else’s actions, you may be entitled to monetary compensation and relief.
As one of the oldest personal injury law firms in South Florida, Stabinski & Funt is ready to help. Since 1970, our seasoned injury attorneys have been helping clients in South Florida recover and return to normalcy after a personal injury accident. Some of the many types of personal injury cases we handle include:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Birth Injuries
- Boating Accidents
- Automobile, Truck and Motorcycle Accidents
- Work-Related Injuries
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Jet Ski Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises and Product Liability Cases
- Florida Tourist Injuries
- Wrongful Death.
How You Can Benefit from a Florida Personal Injury Attorney
If you are involved in a personal injury of any type, the first thing you should do is seek medical care. Once your injuries have been stabilized and you are on the path to recovery, you can consider contacting a personal injury attorney. Try to write down and document as much of your potential case as possible while it is still fresh in your mind. A qualified personal injury attorney will then take this information and help you with the following:
- Determine whether you have a case: The personal injury attorney relies on his or her experience to review your information and determine whether you have an actionable case to pursue in court.
- Handle the paperwork: There is a good deal of paperwork which goes into filing and building a personal injury lawsuit. You might not be aware of specific filing deadlines or may not know which entities need to be informed of your action.
- Substantiate your claims: The attorney will know what needs to be done to substantiate your claim right from the beginning. He or she may recommend that you see a particular medical professional to assess and document your injuries. They may bring in an accident scene evaluation team, or look for qualified experts who can help buttress your case.
- Assess damages: While you might only be thinking about your actual out-of-pocket expenses, the attorney can help you look at the entire picture, including long-term damages, mental and emotional trauma, loss of income, and family stress, in order to come up with a reasonable compensation figure for your damages.
In short, hiring an attorney allows you to focus on your recovery and maximizes your chances of getting a favorable result. The South Florida personal injury attorneys at our family-owned law firm of Stabinski & Funt have won numerous multimillion-dollar verdicts and settlements on behalf of plaintiffs who have been wronged due to the negligence of others.
If you think that you may have grounds for a personal injury or wrongful death claim, take the next step and fill out a free case evaluation form to help determine if you have a case that is worth pursuing. Our lead partner for personal injury lawsuits, Todd Stabinski, is a Board-Certified Trial Lawyer. Over the years, our firm has won over $500 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients.
If you have any questions about this topic or believe that someone else’s negligence or recklessness is responsible for your injuries, the attorneys at Stabinski Law can help. For 45 years, we have been the trusted advocates for countless personal injury victims and their families throughout South Florida. We offer risk-free consultations and work on a contingency basis, which means that we do not require you to pay any fees until we have secured a recovery on your behalf. Contact us today by calling 305-964-8644 or filling out a free case evaluation form to find out how we can help you.