Are you a Wells Fargo customer who has:
- Had unauthorized accounts opened in your name?
- Had money transferred into those accounts without your consent and knowledge?
- Had bank fees charged for those fraudulent accounts?
- Had your credit score affected by the bank’s actions?
More than 1 million Wells Fargo customers have been hurt by the bank’s
deceptive and fraudulent operations. If you have been the victim of Wells
Fargo’s latest fraud scandal, contact Stabinski & Funt to learn
more about your legal options. We can help you identify the best course
of action to fix the damage that Wells Fargo has done to you.
Give us a call at (305) 964-8644 or use our
online form to reach us. We are available for free consultations.
Wells Fargo Fraud Scandal – What You Need to Know
Details about Wells Fargo’s fraudulent practices:
- The bank set overly aggressive sales goals for employees, who faced disciplinary
actions if they failed to meet those goals
- Employees were opening bogus accounts in order to meet impossible quotas
- The bank collected millions of dollars in fees for unauthorized accounts
- Bank executives and senior management knew employees were using fraudulent
tactics to meet goals
- Employees who met those goals - even if they used unethical tactics - were
instead rewarded and promoted for helping the bank improve their numbers
The Wells Fargo & Co scandal has now escalated into federal court as
several lawsuits have been filed against the bank for its unethical, abusive,
and fraudulent actions. Many more lawsuits are expected, as more customers
are coming forward to take action against the bank for its unethical practices
Some of these lawsuits are seeking:
- To recover damages from the bank, including punitive damages for failing
to inform customers of the abuses, which has been going on for years with
the bank’s knowledge
- For the bank collect to claw back compensation from executives and other
employees who profited from the illegal acts
Learn More About Taking Legal Action
Wells Fargo has already agreed to pay more than $185 million in penalties
and fines as part of a settlement with federal regulators. But what about
consumers who have been hurt – consumers like you who have had their
money lost and credit score affected?
It’s time that consumers take a stand and fight back against big
banks. As one of South Florida’s oldest and most respected law firms,
Stabinski & Funt and our team of experienced trial attorneys are no
strangers to taking on big businesses and large corporations.
If you have been harmed by Wells Fargo’s fraudulent practices,
contact us for help.